Tuesday, 25 December 2012

X-Files: Part 1 - Overview & Introduction

Well, it's been a while since I posted anything here, and this is mainly due to the fact I really haven't had an overwhelming urge to do anything. Really, I have no excuse, I just haven't had anything to say.

I do, however, now have something to say. For those of you who read this blog for music reviews or the like, this blog is going to take a somewhat unexpected turn for the next few posts. Why? Because I'm going to be talking about the X-Files.

I love the X-Files. Although I no longer watch TV, I still make a point of re-watching at least a season of X-Files every year. For the unfortunate few who have never seen or heard of the X-Files, let me give a brief idea. The X-Files is a show about FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, who investigate the titular "X-Files", which, while only technically being "unsolved" cases, have a bent for the supernatural or unexplained. The content of these cases vary from fantastically huge in scope and consequence to tongue in cheek weirdness. The shows topics are normally fun, a little odd at times, but the real draw of the show is the characters, to me at least. The easy wit and charm in dialogue between Scully and Mulder is some fine magic of idea, script and the skill of Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny.

I won't spoil the conclusion of the show, but to say the least December 2012 was established as a very important date in the show's universe, and as such I'm going to celebrate by offering my interpretation of core characters, looking into backgrounds, motives, lives and themes. Beginning with Fox Mulder tomorrow, I'll be continuing this series for as long as I feel like, updating whenever I want.

Feedback welcome.

H. Rourke

No comments:

Post a Comment