I thought just to pass some time, I'd share a little game I play with my playlists.
What you'll need:
Wikipedia
At least a 2GB music player with shuffle mode enabled.
Rules:
The premise is simple: see how many songs you can play in a row without repeating the home city of the group. For groups, go by where they are based, where solo artists are born and for duets, go with the name or act that comes first.
For added difficulty, pick three cities before you start. If the city picked is repeated, you get ten more points, but for every time the city comes up without being repeated, lose 5 points. Get 1 point for each different city in the entire list.
Here's a sample game (which, in retrospect, will be incredibly dull to read):
I'll guess New York City, London and Melbourne
They Might Be Giants - Lincoln, Mass.
Jamiroquai - London
Danzig - Lodi, NJ.
Ted Leo & the Pharmacists - Washington D.C.
Daft Punk - Paris (I still don't really get them, but I'm trying to understand what all the hype's about)
Beck - Los Angeles, Cal.
The Rolling Stones - London - Fin.
Total: 7 tracks - 5 London turning up + 10 for London repeating = 12 points.
Well, it's a dull game with no possible of playing competitively without someone cheating, but this Uni break is beginning to drag on. Can you tell? Also, it seems that every fucking British group I have on these playlists comes from bloody London. I think it's the only city I've ever repeated without the group repeating too.
Feel free to post games, suggestions for improved play or any feedback in the comments.
H. Rourke
No comments:
Post a Comment