I want this to be the clarification part of this blog. If this blog continues for a long time, and anyone ever wants to know the details of what this blog is about, I'll refer them to the articles at the end of June/ beginning of July, 2013.
I did the "Why?" the other day, so on to the "Who?" Who is Hudson Rourke?
Well, I am Hudson Rourke. No shit, huh? Well, no, my name is not Hudson Rourke. Despite this, Hudson Rourke is not a character, or a persona. Reviewers like Doug Walker and Brad Jones make a point of separating themselves from their characters. Compare a Doug Walker review to a Nostalgia Critic review, or a Brad Jones review to a Cinema Snob review and the difference is immediately clear. Hudson Rourke, however, will always represent my views. Sure, I might overstate emotions and thoughts to extremes, but this is more for comedic value than to make Hudson a caricature such as Nostalgia Critic or Cinema Snob.
There really isn't anything else to say in that regard. I'm a Uni student from Canberra, Australia. I spend way too much thinking about music and books, and I don't have a lot of friends who share those same interests, so this blog emerged as somewhere for me to let off steam about things other people don't give a shit about. As previously mentioned, this blog is only around as long as I have things to rant about. For anyone who enjoys reading this blog, pray I never meet someone who likes to complain about music with me. That's pretty much the "Who?" element.
"When?", "Where?" and "How?" aren't really relevant questions, so let's talk about the "What?" here, because I don't think I can justify a seperate post.
I will review, above all, music. The music will rarely be really bad, as I don't tend to possess bad music. Instead, I'm more liable to talk about decent, but seriously flawed or really good music, as the two kinds make up my entire collection, at least in my opinion.
I also talk about books, as this is the initial reason this blog was created (look at my first post ever to see what I'm talking about). The reason this isn't the main topic is that I can normally find quite a few people willing to talk about books of my tastes, but few people want to talk about obscure Aussie music. However, if I any have any outrage left over, I'll put it here.
Movies and TV are pretty common review topics, but honestly I don't really like either. Movies rarely justify the time required for investment and TV is just getting dumber and dumber. I don't care if there is good stuff, I just can't get past reality TV being a thing (a genre I normally refer to as --- people crying, such as Biggest Loser - Fat people crying, Big Brother - Spoiled 20-somethings crying and Australian Idol - Over-Emotional Spoiled 20-somethings crying). More importantly, I don't have mush experience in discussing either field, and there are a million and one people who can do exactly that.
Well, that should answer that, so back to reviews when I feel like it.
Any questions or feedback welcome.
H. Rourke.
No comments:
Post a Comment