Well, it's holidays for me here, so if anyone wants me to review anything, talk about any topic or just has anything to say about anything, I recommend now being the time.
As usual, I don't expect feedback. This blog is like that ever present ad line "For (blank), by (blank)," like "For kids, by kids," except put "Hudson Rourke" in that place. I'm aware that might seem a little childish, in the sense that no-one's reading my blog so I'm going to pretend I wasn't trying to appeal to other people, or might just seem plain desperate to others, but I'm not just pulling this out of my arse, I've said this from the beginning.
This blog has been first and foremost for my own entertainment. I have fun writing my posts, and a while afterwards I have fun re-reading them. I swear, write anything and read it back a few months later, and it could have been written by a completely different individual who just happens to have the exact same opinions you do, and keeps making the same spelling mistakes you do.
That being said, I would like to know other people are being amused (or, more frighteningly, "informed") by this blog. It's like writing a story. Even if you have absolutely no intention of letting anyone else read it, there's always that nagging voice of "what would people think of this?" I mean, other than people who click the "next" button on the top bar of Blogger or my friendly, ever present spambots, I don't think there's anyone out there who even has a remote chance of reading this blog. There's something comforting about that, but there is still the capability of people reading this blog. I mean, Google places this blog 17th for the phrase "Hudson Rourke" and 40th for "Red Television".
....Actually, how on earth would anybody find this blog? If anyone would be so kind as to tell me, it would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the anonymity of the internet and my unchallenged ability to say stupid and offensive things with no fallout. Give me a few weeks to pick a minority to pick on, and I'll get right on that. Looking at you, New Zealanders.
That being said, whatever "that" was, this post is called recommendations for more reasons that to ask for them. Here's some reviewers who I enjoy watching:
Music:
Todd in the Shadows
Mues (he also reviews wrestling, but I haven't seen these and can't really judge them)
Rap Critic
Paw Dugan (also musicals)
Nash (also news items of odd events)
Movies:
Kyle Kallgren
Nostalgia Critic
Brad Jones (also soft drink. Also awesome)
Obscurus Lupa
That Sci-Fi Guy
MikeJ
Nostalgia Chick
Video Games:
Blistered Thumbs Podcast
Lotus Prince
Video Games Awesome
Shamus Young
PushingUpRoses
Spoony
Other:
Ashens (Tat)
Suede (Anime. Also, he's from New Zealand. I'll need to pick a different minority then.)
CR (Kids cartoons, games and a variety of things)
Linkara (Comic books)
Comic Strip Critic (No points for guessing)
The Fanfiction Critic (Exactly what it sounds like. Sadly, seemingly the critic has moved on to bigger things. Still, plunder the archives.)
A quick note afterwards is that all of these are, for the most part, reviewers via video. It may seem odd that these are the people I admire the most in writing reviews (i.e. ripping jokes off) yet I don't make videos. There are a few reasons for this. Mainly, I like my anonymity and any obvious attempt to maintain that would be either distracting or too similar to Todd in the Shadows. I've also considered doing just a podcast, considering my subject matter tends to be music, but I doubt I have the audio quality or content to make that viable. If there's ever demand, I'll rethink, but it's text for now.
Feedback welcome,
H. Rourke
No comments:
Post a Comment