Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Full Circle

Explanation time. Firstly, what happened.

Again, my internet failed me, but I'm used to that. The more serious issue is that my trusty laptop (named Thomas, if anyone cares) passed away. I've had Tom for less than a year, but he was showing signs of age already, as he was a second-hand gift. This means I have returned to my trusty Linux, where this very blog began...thus the full circle.

Now, the other reason I have called this post "Full Circle" is to draw attention to a fantastic series of videos by ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com reviewer Paw Dugan, also called Full Circle. The show explores his life through music, what he grew up with all the way to his current tastes. This is an absolutely fascinating idea, which is executed perfectly. He also achieves much respect from me by including a fantastic Australian group, The Presets, in both Full Circle and his Top 50 Albums list.

The only problem I have with the series is the name. Full Circle? There are few premises that are more open-ended. Perhaps it's a reference I just don't get, or a joke. Anyway, please look at some of his work as a reviewer or his musical autobiography. In regards to his other projects, he seems to flit from project to project, leaving much to say, but look at his Musical Movies reviews, which are hilarious.

Now, my next project will be a discussion of my own top 5 albums. Part of this idea was taken from Dugan's work, as well as several other reviewers, but I'll see how I go in doing something different. Along with my Top 5 Albums, I'm going to look at my top albums for several categories (the three I have so far are Music, Lyrics & Vocals). I would love some more to think about, as well as any fantastic albums I should listen to before making my list.

Until tomorrow, hopefully.

H. Rourke

No comments:

Post a Comment